Browse F.A.Q. Topics
- 1. Getting Started7
- 2. Managed Systems and Services2
- 3. How Identity Maestro Works8
- 4. Identity Maestro Editions2
- 5. Security2
- 6. Pricing4
- 7. Support and Training4
1. Getting Started
1. What is Identity Maestro?Identity Maestro is designed by enterprise management professionals for busy IT administrators who need to securely delegate account creation and management tasks to front-line staff ... without having to train them on multiple account management tools or web service administrative panels that are complex and often require full admin rights and security permissions. Hosted on your private internal cloud infrastructure, Identity Maestro delivers a web interface for senior IT administrators, front-line help Fdesk staff, and end-users who consume the services that you provision and manage.
2. How will Identity Maestro improve our systems / services management?Identity Maestro delivers immediate ROI. It saves you and your team time. It cuts down on training costs. It reduces the time to provision users to grant them access across multiple systems and services ... and the de-provision processes are just as complete and just as fast. On top of that, Identity Maestro's advanced audit and reporting will help you pass your next IT, IDM and IAM audits with flying colors.
3. What are the top 3 benefits that Identity Maestro delivers?
Top 3 benefits ... how about the top 6 benefits!
1. Rapid Provision of Employees. Identity Maestro provides a unified means to provision and manage users and groups across multiple systems and services. This reduces the time it takes to deliver access to business resources for new employees.
2. Preservation of System and Service Administrator Access. Identity Maestro provides an easy method to provision tasks that your front-line staff will be able to perform without requiring administrative access to those systems. This preserves the integrity of the credentials of critical service accounts and controls administrator level access to those business resources. Front-line staff will be limited to managing those business resources that are assigned to them in Identity Maestro.
3. Low Deployment Costs. Identity Maestro deployment projects do not require extensive consultant services to complete. Most clients can have Identity Maestro integrated into their environment within a few hours or days reducing project cost and delivering a stable and functional solution with minimal professional service expense.
4. Manage Multiple Systems & Services. Identity Maestro can connect to manage on-premise systems and cloud services providing a single interface for front-line staff to manage user access for CRM/ERP, HR, directory, email, messaging, collaboration, physical security ... any system that has a database of users and provides a means to connect. Training front-line staff will take less time, cost less, and ensure that employees will be serviced by a single front-line team.
5. System Engineer Freedom. Once Identity Maestro is deployed and front-line staff are trained, system engineers are freed from the daily user management "grind" and can focus their valuable expertise on system and service management, IT budgets and security responsibilities.
6. Minimal system requirements. Identity Maestro has minimal system requirements so infrastructure costs to host Identity Maestro are much lower that other comparable solutions.
Value: The Right People in the Right Place doing the Right Job in Real Time for Less Cost.
4. Who are typical customers for Identity Maestro?
Identity Maestro is designed for enterprise environments with a large number of employees that need access to a diverse range of systems and services. If an enterprise can benefit from a customer-driven front-line team that needs a single tool to support those users ... Identity Maestro is the solution you are looking for.
Identity Maestro is designed for large education environments, government departments and agencies, and multi-national, national and local corporations in most business verticals including manufacturing, transportation, science & technology, financial, health services, and IT services.
Identity Maestro has been implemented with Fortune 500 corporations, large academic university campuses, and several national government departments.
5. Is there a trial or evaluation version available?
We recognize that Identity Maestro deployments require certain skill sets to configure, evaluate and and assess before a commitment is approved to integrate our solution into production systems and services. We will work with customers to ensure that they are provided professional services, technical assistance and time to complete a proper analysis.
Our goal is to ensure that you will succeed with leveraging the available technological advantages that Identity Maestro delivers.
6. How long does it take to install and configure Identity Maestro?
Typically, it will take between 30 to 60 minutes to install Identity Maestro and configure connections to typical systems (user directory and email).
Connecting to additional on-premise systems and cloud services will take more time, especially if a special connection type needs to be defined.
The majority of the commitment involved with implementing Identity Maestro is the defining access controls for users who will use Identity Maestro, and defining all of the configuration assets and components to provision the various modules and features. The length of time it takes to configure an enterprise Identity Maestro implementation is directly related to the complexity of the business requirements for the enterprise.
7. Is assistance provided to install and configure Identity Maestro?
What is success worth?
Identity Maestro is not easy ... neither is management of enterprise systems and services.
We offer a Get Started Bundle that includes 6 hours of professional services provided by one of our experienced Identity Maestro experts. The Get Started Bundle can include:
- Discovery, analysis and creation of an action plan for a Identity Maestro server deployment
- Installation and configuration of a Identity Maestro to connect to your enterprise on-premise systems and cloud-based services.
- Leading your IT team to configure the various Identity Maestro modules (Create, Manage, Audit and Self Service) to meet your IT management requirements.
- Training your IT team to create managed work flows to automate the provision of users in your connected systems and services.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and how the investment of a Get Started Bundle can guarantee a successful Identity Maestro deployment and integration into your IT management processes.
2. Managed Systems and Services
1. What systems / services can Identity Maestro connect to and manage?Identity Maestro comes bundled with connections to Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange, NetIQ (Novell) eDirectory and GroupWise, and OpenLDAP. Identity Maestro also includes adapters (similar to connections) for Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online. Adaptors to common cloud-based CRM / ERP systems are now in development. Identity Maestro does not limit you to a single vendor solution, rather it can offers a management solution that meets the demands of mixed networks using mixed directory, email, and application services. Contact our sales team to discuss what is available and what the future possibilities include.
2. What if a customer has an in-house developed system or service?Many enterprise implement in-house developed systems to facilitate line of business processes that are specific to their customer offerings or for managing services for their staff, vendors or partners. Contact us and our development team will initiate in a co-operative professional services engagement with your development team to build a Identity Maestro adapter to add your in-house systems into the envelope of Identity Maestro managed systems.
3. How Identity Maestro Works
1. What kinds of management functions can be completed in Identity Maestro?Identity Maestro includes five key modules: Create Module - includes the ability to build create forms and profiles so your front-line helpdesk staff can create a new user by filling in an online form. Identity Maestro gathers the information necessary to provision users and grant them access to your enterprise systems and online services. You can build single user create forms and enable those forms to bulk create users from a CSV file. Create profiles can then be merged into a Create Workflow that will schedule the user creation process and report on the success of each stage of the create process. Workflow Module - includes a workflow builder that allows Identity Maestro administrators to build create and manage workflows. Using a single web form, user information gets entered one time and Identity Maestro workflow will create the user entities in all the systems and online services that are linked to that workflow. Manage Module - includes a query form to locate user entities on the systems connected to Identity Maestro. Your front-line staff can then manage those user entities, modify information, add users to groups and distributions lists (or remove users from groups and lists), enable or disable a mailbox, change passwords, enable and disable users, and unlock users. Self Service Module - provision a web portal for normal users to enable a forgot password process, and allows those users to modify their personal data. Audit Module - provision a web portal for Identity Maestro administrators to gain access to Identity Maestro logs. Additionally, IT auditors can be provided exclusive access to audit Identity Maestro system logs.
2. Can user and group entities be bulk managed?The Identity Maestro Manage Module includes a directory browser where you can navigate the directory and select an OU container and display all of those users in a list. You can also perform wildcard searches to display of users. You can now use CTRL and click to select two or more users and click the bulk manage button to start the Bulk Manage wizard.
3. Can the UI interface be customized to support specific business / security requirements?Yes. Identity Maestro administrators can access an "Administration" panel that provides access to the tools to modify user information forms, modify sequence of some of the custom wizards, create custom wizards, and theme the entire Identity Maestro portal for your front-line staff. As an administrator, you can control what information is delivered to your help desk staff and middle level admins by defining what tasks those users can complete in Identity Maestro which also controls what information is made available your staff.
4. Does Identity Maestro support scheduled bulk create of user entities across multiple systems / services?Identity Maestro Workflow Module is used to schedule the bulk creation of user entities across multiple disparate systems and services. So what does this module offer? Workflow Builder - an online UI that is used to model user creation workflow. Select connections or adapters to systems or services, add actions, conditions and triggers, and conditional sequences. Multiple workflows can be combined to create a comprehensive user creation project that can be scheduled. Bulk Creation Scheduler - schedule a workflow project with defined start dates. Plug-in an input file or source of users and schedule the project. Scheduler tracks each user creation process, identifies those creation sequences that cannot be completed and re-schedules those to start in the future. Reports and Notification - once a workflow project has been completed, Identity Maestro will provide a report to show successful user creations and identifies challenges that need follow-up corrective action.
5. Is there a method to model a create process for multiple systems / services?The Identity Maestro Workflow Module includes a WorkFlow Builder which provides a drag and drop methodology to build creation process models that can be combined into a project. Each object that you add into the model has properties that you can use to define conditions, triggers and actions. This visual paradigm allows rapid creation and testing of workflow creation processes.
6. Is Audit Reporting provided and can access to Auditing information be restricted?One of the major Identity Maestro modules is the Audit Module. Like other modules, Identity Maestro administrators can use user groups to control who has access to the module to read and export reports. It is possible to provision a small group of IT auditors who only have access to Identity Maestro audit reports to ensure that audit regulatory provisions can be met.
7. Does Identity Maestro include notification feature to warn Identity Maestro admins of technical issues?Identity Maestro administrators can use the Notification section of the Administration module to enable the automated notification feature and define which email address will receive the notification emails.
8. Can the Identity Maestro Web Application be themed?The Identity Maestro back-end Administration panel provides access to the necessary tools to theme the website and to add additional helpful textual content on the login pages.
4. Identity Maestro Editions
1. Is Identity Maestro an on-premise server or a cloud-based service?Identity Maestro is available as both an on-premise edition and a hosted service in the cloud.
2. Is it possible to switch between editions?Identity Maestro Cloud and Identity Maestro On-Premise share the same architecture and code base, so it will be possible to move between editions. This will only be offered as a billable professional service engagement. Customers are responsible to ensuring that their corporate on-premise systems and online services will be accessible to Identity Maestro, regardless of which edition the customer subscribes to.
1. Can you provide an overview of Identity Maestro security practices?The best way to think of Identity Maestro is as an information straight pass-through architecture. Identity Maestro does not retain a copy user passwords or personal information stored in Directory and other connected systems and services. Identity Maestro does a data redirect from the system or service storing personal information and the Identity Maestro web application making that information visible in the Identity Maestro web browser pages/panels. Contact our technical team for additional security practices information.
2. What type of personal information does Identity Maestro store?Identity Maestro does not save a copy of personal information to the server with the exception service logs that record the first and last name of users that are created and managed. In addition, the "forgot password' questions and answers are stored. Passwords and authentication information is passed from the Identity Maestro login screens to the directory that will validate user credentials and grant access.
1. How much does Identity Maestro cost?Identity Maestro uses a subscription-based license model that supports four different pricing verticals (corporate, government, university students and K-12 students). Customers must purchase license seats for all active users in the primary target Directory. Licenses for secondary Directory, email and other systems or services that match the primary Directory are included. Enterprise Workflow is an additional cost. Volume pricing is available for larger environments. You can find pricing information on our Identity Maestro Pricing page. Contact our Sales Team to discuss pricing for your environment.
2. Is there a charge to install Identity Maestro?Customers must purchase a Identity Maestro Success Bundle which includes six hours of professional services to install, configure and test Identity Maestro. Our technical team will lead your admin team through all steps of integrating Identity Maestro into your lab or production environment. The Identity Maestro Success Bundle includes access to the download site for the Identity Maestro installer, and access to administrator level documentation, training material and tutorial videos.
3. Can additional licence seats be added to existing licenses?
Yes. As your environment grows, or as you add additional systems or services that would not be covered under your current license agreement, you can purchase additional license seats. Additional license purchases are pro-rated to ensure that all licenses will expire on the same support expiration date. Our License team will provide a replacement license that includes the additional license seats.
Contact our Sales team for additional license cost information.
4. Is there an enterprise level license available?Contact our Sales Team to discuss pricing for your enterprise environment.
7. Support and Training
1. Is online documentation available?Yes, Identity Maestro "How-to" guides are available for front-line help desk operators, user self-service, and IT system auditors. Additional online documentation is provided to clients during their Identity Maestro Success Bundle appointments and training sessions.
2. Is there an online Knowledge Base that provides resoution to common issues?Yes, an online support knowledgebase is under development and will be made available to customers during their Identity Maestro Success Bundle.
3. Is training available?Yes, training is delivered as part of the Identity Maestro Success Bundle during the installation and configuration of the customer's Identity Maestro server.
4. Are professional services available to assist with customizing Identity Maestro once it is installed?
Yes. Professional services are available to assist customers with customization, additional training, corporate documentation, and addition of more systems or services and extending workflow projects into create profiles.
Contact our Sales Team to discuss your requirement for professional services and to obtain a quote.